Interested in advancing the mission of medicine?
We are always interested in meeting the best professionals in the industry. Please submit your resume and credentials with the form below.
Job Positions Available
- Business Analyst
Epividian is a healthcare analytics firm that delivers actionable disease management and epidemiology research to both healthcare providers and pharmaceutical organizations. We combine longitudinal observational data from trusted clinician databases along with sophisticated and proven algorithms, delivering exceptional outcomes research.
The primary responsibility of this position is to solicit, define, and manage requirements for internally and externally developed software. This individual should have experience with requirements management and software development methodology (i.e. Agile Scrum) and have worked extensively with business users, developers and quality assurance.
This position will define the business requirements and technology independent process and data models for technology solutions that meet the needs for various business areas and will bridge the gap between the business customer and the technology solution providers.
- Work with product owners to understand broadly-defined areas within the enterprise and use functional decomposition to describe high-level epics and stories into well-organized, value-driven user stories that provide the required business value within the Epividian product backlog.
- Write clear user stories that are concise and easy to understand and implement by the development teams.
- Analyze the impact of change requests
- Support traceability from requirements through QA; assisting in the definition of test plans and testing strategies and in the creation of test cases
- Present concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries while consulting with clinical analysts to ensure that Epividian data concepts are properly classified and mapped to incoming EHR data flows.
- Support internal and external customer queries on data concepts and reporting results
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in information technology
- Five plus years of experience in a business analysis role
- Interviewing and listening skills to elicit detailed requirements
- Analytical skills for transforming defined business needs into software requirements
- Verbal and written communication skills, ability to create effective requirements documents and review them with key project stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization
- Basic understanding of software design and development
Highly Desired Skills
- Healthcare Information Technology experience
- Epidemiology concepts and process standards
- Experience within an Agile Framework and methodologies
- Proficient in the Microsoft Development Environment to include:
- SQL Server 2012
- Team Foundation Services
- Visual Studio Ultimate
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Visual C++
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- SQL Server Integration Services
- Database/Systems Analyst
Epividian is a healthcare analytics firm that delivers actionable disease management and epidemiology research to both healthcare providers and pharmaceutical firms. We combine longitudinal observational data from trusted clinician databases along with sophisticated and proven algorithms, delivering exceptional outcomes research.
The role of Database/Systems Analyst will primarily be responsible for data quality in the Epividian clinical reporting and observational databases focused on data exploration, data cleaning, and customer support. The analyst will use SQL and proprietary data management tools to ensure the ETL processes are converting, classifying, and cleaning the patient data properly, and will develop new methods of standardizing the data received from disparate source systems. The analyst will create user stories for improvements to the processes and will work with the agile development team to implement the improvements. The analyst will support the marketing analysts, clinical analysts and epidemiologists by researching their data questions and maintaining the data dictionaries.
The analyst will also be responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting the data feeds from our clinical partners and developing reports for our customers.
Epividian is a small startup and, as such, the analyst will be exposed to many technologies and IT concepts including database development, ETL development, business analysis, systems analysis, data analysis, and business intelligence.
The analyst must be a motivated individual who can thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere while delivering complete and quality solutions.
- Review the daily feeds of data received from partner clinics to ensure that the data is being cleaned correctly and efficiently
- Work with the clinical analyst to ensure that the data is being properly classified
- Become the subject matter expert in the Epividian data processes
- Support both internal and external customers in their use of the data and reports
- Troubleshoot data integration errors
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries and development requirements
- Work with the IT team and customers to create solutions for data quality issues and discrepancies
- BA/BS degree
- 5 or more years of IT experience with a focus on data management and analysis
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, T-SQL, and SQL
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Healthcare Information Technology experience
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and above
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina