Interested in advancing the mission of medicine?
We are always interested in meeting the best professionals in the industry. Please submit your resume and credentials with the form below.
Job Positions Available
UI/UX Designer (Remote)
We are looking for a UI/UX designer to overhaul and refurbish the frontend of a client-facing web portal and accompanying mobile app, as well as tackle the visual design of new features in development. Web and mobile designs must consider the needs of our particular customer base and the sensitive nature of the portal itself (which contains patient health information and business analytics) to produce something that is easily navigated, reliable, and secure.
Position: UI/UX Designer (Remote)
Department: Product Design and Development
Functional Area: Epividian Product Design
Supervisor: Product Design and Experience Lead
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Design reactive web and mobile app interfaces for end users to easily access and understand complicated health data. Protect data and confidentiality with designs that minimize risk of PHI exposure without frustrating users.
- Critically review existing products in the marketplace to identify opportunities for additional development.
- Produce high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, and prototypes
- Create graphical assets consistent with the product’s visual branding for developers to put in the final product.
- Incorporate feedback from developers and end users to iteratively improve assets and experience.
- Contribute design expertise to multidisciplinary teams conducting epidemiological, health outcomes, clinical-trial, and other public health studies that utilize the app and portal. Educate scientific collaborators in design methods.
- Disseminate ideas in technical documentation and oral presentation to colleagues, , and advisory boards.
Skills, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant design field or the equivalent.
- Knowledge of visual design and user testing methods
- Experience in technical writing to convey specifications to our developers.
- Facility with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Illustrator and Xd) and with the Agile framework is highly desirable.
- Must work well with coworkers, think critically, communicate effectively and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and practice is an asset, but not required.
- This position is an entry-level position, with the possibility of advancement to broader responsibilities as projects evolve.
- This position is remote. It requires a secure, high-speed internet connection and a private location to work and participate in video conferences. Although internal meetings are generally held without video cameras, meetings with external clients may occasionally require them. Meetings may need to be scheduled as early as 9am to accommodate international clients and contractors.
Please submit your résumé at www.epividian.com.
About Epividian, Inc.
We are a data-driven health research and technology company based in North Carolina with employees across the US and Canada. Our mission is to improve the care of chronically ill people through state-of-the-art epidemiological research and innovative technological developments. Epividian provides data solutions to give healthcare providers and their patients direct access into their own data to support care, reimbursement, and quality measures. This data is also anonymized and aggregated into a national database to support public health, clinical effectiveness, and implementation sciences research. The OPERA cohort consists of electronic health records from over 900,000 individuals, including over 145,000 people with HIV, representing about 13% of people with HIV in the US.
Mobile Software Engineer (US/Canada) (Remote)
The Mobile Software Engineer will be responsible for laying the foundational architecture and programming new features and enhancements to mobile application software. As part of the design and development team, this engineer will: develop plans for and monitor progress of the development and implementation of solutions, link these solutions into Epividian’s existing infrastructure, advise leadership on development strategy, ensure that releases occur on time and at spec, and meet with customers as necessary to discuss design and maintenance.
About Our Company
Epividian is a healthcare research and software firm primarily located in Illinois and North Carolina, with employees working remotely across the US and Canada. Epividian develops novel technologies to improve the operations of medical practices and advances medical research and satisfies government regulatory commitments using real-world, observational methods. Epividian aims to advance the mission of medicine by solving complex problems to improve the health of individuals and the public.
- Software solutions: design, develop, support and manage the delivery of mobile applications. Translate functional requirements into high-quality user-friendly mobile solutions.
- Development standards: help prepare project requests, software change requests and tickets as part of the software development process and application support. Provide technical expertise and enforce sound development practices in maintaining and updating software development life cycle, coding standards, procedures and policies.
- System testing: code, debug, unit test, and systems integration test. Support UAT efforts. Analyze, debug and revise existing system logic and documentation as necessary. Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Documentation: document applications and enhancements including, but not limited to, screens, reports, underlying logic and interface components.
- Procedures & features: devise, modify and tune procedures and system features to solve complex problems considering equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, user load and performance requirements against desired results.
- Maintenance & integrations: assume responsibility for ongoing technical maintenance and support for assigned SaaS applications and integrations. Ensure fail-safe integration of software into production systems.
- Matrix management: determine work tasks, estimate effort and collaborate with other team members to successfully coordinate, develop and implement projects and release packages to fulfill operational support, enhancements and project requests.
- Vendor management: collaborate with offshore and vendor staff and provide technical oversight for deliverables. Inspire technical excellence in the team by your own example, through code and design review, and by mentoring others.
- Regulations & guidelines: assist security, compliance and privacy officers with ensuring data security and privacy throughout the data stream.
- General policies and corporate governance: adhere to organizational policies, standards, trainings and best practices in application development, documentation, and maintenance.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years of experience with Xamarin, C#.NET, or SaaS applications.
- 2+ combined years of experience in any phase of application system analysis, application development and application maintenance support.
- Knowledge of C#/object-oriented programs, SQL, web application development, security and open-source technologies.
- Experience designing and developing mobile SDK and integrating mobile apps with web-services and APIs.
- Working experience with design patterns, continuous integration, automated unit test- and test-driven development.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working with clients and business partners.
- Experience working within an Agile framework.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and reprioritize as work situations change.
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile security protocols, analytics and social channel integration.
- Experience in healthcare IT and/or with regulated medical devices.
Working at Epividian
This is a full-time remote position. Epividian is a growing company with many opportunities for learning and advancement. We offer competitive compensation and benefits that include health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance in addition to paid time off.